[sf-lug] Hayes Valley Community Center - Status?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:56:37 PST 2008

hi

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Romel Jacinto <penguin at techbandit.com>
wrote:

> The current thread about how and who can get a free computer reminded me
> of the Hayes Valley Community Center computer lab that was implmentened a
> few months ago.
>
> How is that project going?
> Are there regular classes?
> How is support being handled?
> Any success stories about a user who used the lab to get acommplish
> something special?

I spoke with Kami Griffiths about this project about 2 weeks ago, and she
said that yes, classes are still ongoing.  I know that there was at least
one guy who used the lab to petition FEMA for assistance in getting funding
for his home after Hurricane Katrina.  Yes, New Orleans is still recovering
from Katrina.