[sf-lug] Installfest For Schools: Results & Pictures

Andrew Fife afife at untangle.com
Mon Mar 3 21:49:00 PST 2008

The installfest for schools on Saturday was a tremendous success!  Despite
a couple of logistical mistakes and my own personal blunder with the
ACCRC's address, 130 F/OSS community volunteers turned up to refurbish
over 1,000 older/broken computers into 403 finished Ubuntu computers for

This is an incredible accomplishment and SF-LUG deserves a special round
of applause for putting so much time into making the San Francisco
location work!  I'll write up a bit more on the event later but I wanted
to get this info and pictures (see below) out to you guys first!

Pictures here:

Andrew Fife
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway

650.425.3327 (O)