[sf-lug] how to get computers?

jim stockford jim at well.com
Mon Mar 3 20:24:56 PST 2008

    i believe the process of giving computers away
should be somewhat flexible. i buy what you've
outlined to a rather large extent, but i know there
are some who'd benefit who won't be able to
come to the kipp school or even if they can come
won't be able to take a computer away--this has
nothing i can see to do with buy-in: they may be
willing to buy in, but without an accommodating
process, they lose, and, it seems to me, unfairly.

    it comes to mind to ask whose computers are
these? if they're james', shouldn't the give-away
process include james' blessing or direction? if
by some stretch the people involved in working
on these can make some claim, then perhaps a
give-away process should include them.
    do i understand correctly that there are some
computers for give-away in the four locations:
berkeley, marin (novato), san francisco, and san
mateo? should give-away policy and procedure
be uniform across all locations?

i'll see your two and raise you one.
jim