[sf-lug] how to get computers?

jim stockford jim at well.com
Mon Mar 3 17:25:50 PST 2008

as to having a give-away meeting:
    pluses are they come get the computers and
we can give them a one-shot training session.
it would be nice to give a CD-ROM away with
every computer so's each person has a copy
of the OS for recovery.
    minuses include a seeming restriction on the
window of time they can get one: only when
we're there to give 'em away; and only those
who can get there get one--what about people
without transportation or the single mom in
antioch....
    maybe have a give-away meeting as well as
another means to get computers to those who
need them.