[sf-lug] Reminder, 2 big FOSS activities this weekend

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:57:13 PST 2008

hi,

This is going to be a huge weekend for FOSS in the SF Bay Area.  I would
like to encourage people to show up to one or both of these activities!

First, there is the awesome massive installfest that is being spearheaded by
James Burgett and Andrew Fife of Untangle.com <http://untangle.com/>, and
thanks to James and Andrew for that.  That sign up list is here:

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Installfest

Also on that day will be the St. Anthony's Foundation (SAF) outreach to
non-profits and individuals in the tenderloin.

That sign up list for the SAF event is here:

http://www.sfconnect.org/projects/viewProject.php?_mode=occurrenceView&_action=load&ixActivity=193&_clearFlag=specialevent&_clearFlag=course&ixAffiliateRegion=&sZipcode=&bAvailable=&dtBegin=&dtEnd=

And the tinyurl for that event is here:

http://tinyurl.com/26oqz9

Both of these events have common goals:  getting FOSS into the hands of
those who need it.  I spoke with James and Andrew last Saturday, and James
has a list of potential recepients for the boxes that are built on March 1;
but in the event that there is overflow from that massive installfest, it
would be good to have some downstream recipients as back up.  The SAF event
will help us establish regular, ongoing contacts in the end user community
so that we can expand our reach beyond the usual circle of tech gurus who
have long made up the backbone of the FOSS community.

Thanks either way for reading this email and considering my request!