[sf-lug] [alg] The Top 50 Proprietary Programs that Drive You Crazy ?

Tomer tomer at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 27 12:09:11 PST 2008

Honestly in the very recent past it has been some open source programs that
dissapointed me a bit. I am trying to move away from using windows movie
maker to edit my home videos. I spent a full day on Saturday evaluating
various ones but all failed. Here are the results:

kino is pretty good-very user friendly and very easy to get things done on,
however one problem that stopped me is that some avi files from my camera
are getting cut off on imports. seems to really be good with dv files only

cinerella too complex to use and not very user friendly (may have to try
that one though because nothing else works)

kdenlive - good and does not screw up the imports, however it crashes all
the time.

Avidemux - good but upon export the sound was all screwed up

lives - wierd interface may need to explore some more, but I couldn't
intuitively figure it out. not completely ruled out

So as you see im still stuck with MS movie maker :( cause I have a deadline
on editing this video. I really wanted to use Kino but it keeps cutting away
parts of my imported videos (avi files from my canon camera)! Perhaps
someone has a tip?
Thanks