[sf-lug] Linux show demos (was: Linux podcasts)

Blake Haggerty Blake.Haggerty at Sapphire.com
Tue Feb 26 08:34:18 PST 2008

>I think Counter-Strike is still pretty popular. I used to run it
>under wine. In fact, I found a bug in Half Life back in 2005 while
>doing so :-)
>http://steamgames.com/v/index.php?area=news&id=431&cc=US

>We could run CS on Linux for phun...

What about Urban Terror instead of Counter Strike (this would stick with the idea of FOSS) Also you wouldnt have to use Wine and it shows the availibility of great games for Linux...

>Another thing that was a hit at out University was Linux running on an
>XBOX. I no longer own one. Would someone be willing to bring some
>game systems in that can run Linux? You might already need to have
>them modified with a chip :-( Unless we can soft-exploit them ;-P

I have an Xbox I could loan, It is Chipped already, no Linux installed though... I have a 360 too read an article somewhere about how to run Linux on it didnt seem to labor intensive...

I would also be willing to loan my 26" monitor to really make any eye candy "POP"

Blake Haggerty