[sf-lug] Linux podcasts

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:21:25 PST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>  SF-LUG might wish to do more than just check them out.  Here's an
>  invitation from them to BALUG, which I'm sure is equally extended to
>  other Bay Area LUGs:
>

>   Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:16:58 -0800
>   From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
>   To: balug-admin at lists.balug.org
>   Subject: (forw) BALUG Exhibiting at LugRadio Live USA
>
>  Presumably sent to me as BALUG contact via a listadmin mailto: link.
>  Sounds very worthwhile.  NOTE:  Dates cited are a weekend!
>
>  Note carefully the sentence "We'd like it if your exhibition stand could
>  be something fun and interactive, rather than just a table with leaflets
>  and advertising."  Ideas?

When I was at University, we set up booths outside the cafetaria
prominently displaying Compiz.  This was in 2005.  People were very
interested and stopped to take a peek at Linux doing "Amazing Things".
 Most of them left with one of the 350 Ubuntu Ship-It discs we had to
hand out :-)  I don't know if the LUGRadio crowd will be exposing new
people to Linux, but it is just a thought.  Will people at the Metreon
Food Court be able to see the exhibition?  If so, Compiz would be
helpful.  If not, try something even more flashy.  I plan to attend...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen