[sf-lug] sf-lug policies -- please vote

Thomas DiZoglio tomdiz at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 14:47:17 PST 2008

+1

--- Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:

> jim stockford wrote:
> >     every once in a rare while the topic of sf-lug
> policies
> > comes up, and here it is again. this time it's the
> policy
> > for job postings.
> >
> >     the current policy is to allow job postings if
> the
> > postings include job title, city location, and
> some
> > indication of salary (at least a lowest figure)
> along with
> > a brief and to-the-point description of the job
> and skills
> > required and company benefits and contact info
> (with
> > a proscription against hyperbole).
> >     the basis for this is to present appropriate
> job
> > opportunities that we might otherwise miss but to
> > avoid subjecting the list to "bottom feeders" and
> > cheapskate employers.
> >
> >     someone at google wants to place job postings,
> but
> > her manager won't allow any salary info. the
> default is
> > to disallow this posting. the reason for raising
> review
> > of this policy is that google is an established,
> local
> > workplace, and can reasonably be considered not a
> > bottom-feeder or cheapskate employer.
> >

> >     please vote:
> >
> > +1 means change policy to allow known job postings
> of
> > known good employers regardless of salary
> information.
> >
> > -1 means do not change the policy.
> >
> > after summing votes, a positive number will effect
> > change in policy. a zero or negative number will
> have
> > the effect that policy remains as is (and the
> google
> > submissions and those similar will not be posted
> to our
> > email list).

> -1. No need to make exceptions.
>
> Sameer
>
> --
> Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
> Associate Professor of Information Systems
> San Francisco State University
> San Francisco CA 94132 USA
> http://verma.sfsu.edu/
> http://opensource.sfsu.edu/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Proprietary/Confidential Information belonging to Virgil Software, Inc. may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for delivery of this message to such person), or you think for any reason that this message may have been addressed to you in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message (and all attachments) to anyone else. In such case, you should destroy this message (and all attached documents) and are asked to notify the sender by reply email.