[sf-lug] job posting: linux sys adm in mountain view
jim at well.com
Wed Feb 13 08:54:40 PST 2008
Job Title: Unix/Linux Systems Administrator (multiple openings)
Job Number: IRC125428 & IRC126511
Location: Mountain View, CA
Salary: $85,000 - $100,000 base + 10% (swing shift) or 15% shift
Work Hours: Swing shift (Wed - Sat from 2:30pm - 12:30am) or Graveyard
shift (Wed - Sat from 12am - 10am)
Special Requirement: Must have US Citizenship
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Tier I and Tier II support activities of VeriSign's
Production service applications. Manage and document all work through
appropriate work request ticketing system and change control systems.
- Perform system administration and trouble-shooting activities on the
following OS platforms: Linux Redhat, Linux Advanced Server, Sun
Solaris 2.x, and Microsoft Windows.
- Perform system administration and trouble-shooting activities on
following Web Server platforms: Sun Microsystems iPlanet, Apache, and
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- In depth knowledge of UNIX, Linux, networking, and shell scripting.
- In depth knowledge of Windows (2003, 2000 and NT 4.0) is desired.
- 5-7 years working in an application/technical support organization.
- Work within following Shell environments: bash, csh, ksh.
- Knowledge of Perl scripting.
- Experience with FTP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, Sendmail, SNMP, and DNS.
- Hardware Experience: Dell, Sun V series and IBM p-series server
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as oral
- Must have US CITIZENSHIP and willing to work either swing or
***Eligible to receive a shift differential of an additional 10%
(swing) or 15% (graveyard) on top of base salary.***
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to John
Hanchak at jhanchak at verisign.com
VeriSign - Human Resources
jyick at verisign.com
More information about the sf-lug