[sf-lug] switching from ssh server to terminal: can it be done and if so, how?

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 17:25:29 PST 2008

Here's the scenario: while at work I ssh (using putty on a windows
machine although I don't _think_ that part is relevant) on to my home
computer where I begin to use mutt to compose an email to a friend. In
the midst of my vim session composing the body of the message I get
distracted and end up going home forgetting all about the message until
I'm at the computer on which is running the ssh server handling that
unfinished job.
Here's the question: can I switch that job to a terminal so that I can
complete the message and send it off?
Any takers for this little problem which surely can't be unique?
alex

a_kleider at yahoo.com