[sf-lug] simple gui editor that will accept a paste

jim stockford jim at well.com
Fri Feb 8 07:45:06 PST 2008

using vi or similar:
hit the escape key.
use the k or j keys to move the cursor to a line
you want to copy.
use the yy command to "yank" (i.e. copy) the line
into a buffer.
use the k or j keys to move the cursor to the line
above the point you want to place the copy.
use the p command to "paste" the copied line
as a new line below the current line.

is that the kind of operation you're looking for?
if so, there are variations that allow you to copy
multiple lines, parts of lines, delete and paste
(i.e. move) lines rather than make duplicate
copies.

if not, can you describe more particularly?