[sf-lug] simple gui editor that will accept a paste

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Feb 7 22:11:30 PST 2008

Quoting Alex Kleider (a_kleider at yahoo.com):

> I thought I had only two buttons!
> The middle button I thought was just a wheel but it is also a button
> and when I press it: voila! I get my paste!
> Thank you, Rick.

Yr. welcome.  FYI, sometimes there _are_ only two buttons (or the X11
setup "thinks" that there are only two, anyway).  In that case, it's
generally the case that X11 gets configured to interpret "chording"
(near-simultaneous clicking) of the two known buttons as intended to
emulate the (absent) third one.

In other words, on my old 1998 Sony VAIO, for example, I would press
both buttons together to emulate the (absent) third button.

Then, of course, there are machines like the Apple iBook 2.2 G3 PPC
laptop in front of me, that have only _one_ button.  In those cases,
there are other workarounds involving lesser-used Fn keys, to emulate
the absent pair of mouse buttons.