[sf-lug] simple gui editor that will accept a paste

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 21:47:05 PST 2008

--- Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Having changed X "focus" to the xedit window, and with the mouse
> pointer
> somewhere (anywhere) within the xedit window, see what happens if you
> click the right mouse button.
>
> (Sometimes, the definition of "right mouse button" is unclear on
> particular machines, because of messed-up X bindings or ambiguity
> about
> which button is which.  But try both of the non-main buttons if there
> are three total, or the "other", i.e., non-main button if you have
> only
> two.)

I thought I had only two buttons!
The middle button I thought was just a wheel but it is also a button
and when I press it: voila! I get my paste!
Thank you, Rick.

alex

ps there is a lot of other "meat" in your messages which I look forward
to digesting: I _would_ like to be able to do this using vim instead of
a gui editor. It just didn't occur to me that that would be possible.

a_kleider at yahoo.com