[sf-lug] simple gui editor that will accept a paste

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 19:05:22 PST 2008

The computer (Pentium II Deschutes 334.104KHz 127092KRAM) I use the
most (for sentimental reasons - it's the first on which I installed
Linux) is running Debian etch and I'm using Fluxbox.
Can anyone suggest a GUI editor that will give me the functionality of
pasting text into it? OOWrite works but it takes a very long time to
launch. The xedit program launches but won't accept a paste. gedit
works on Ubuntu installations of coarse. Am I right, that if I install
it on my Debian machine it'll bring in the whole gnome system which in
turn would likely tax my limited resources? It's based on that
assumption that I have not installed xedit.

a_kleider at yahoo.com