[sf-lug] Disc Images

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 22:39:42 PST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 7:06 PM, Tom Haddon <tom at greenleaftech.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know anything about these CD image formats
> (.ccd/.img, .bin/.cue) and if it's possible to rip to the former in
> Linux? The script on this thread shows how to rip to .bin/.cue using
> cdrdao and cuetools, but I'm not aware of how to rip to the .ccd/.img
> format.

I think CCD is CloneCD.  bin/img can be created using cdrwin, but that
tool is long outdated and I haven't done this in a long time.  The
problem may be that you need to extract the P-W subcodes and 2352 RAW
byte frames rather than the 2048 user fames.  The extra data contains
some things you need to play the game.  Also, PS1 games are not your
typical disc, and are something like Mode 1 XO or something (its been
a long time since I ripped PS1 games).  Anyways, the point is that you
need to dump the full image, iirc.  I don't know what tools accomplish
this on Linux...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."