[sf-lug] Polk Street Small Business Group and Polk Street Fair

Doug Bierer doug at unlikelysource.com
Mon Feb 4 10:19:54 PST 2008

Jim et al --

I found out this morning that there are actually TWO events vis a vis
the Polk Street community.  First of all: the Polk Street Fair is not
scheduled until September ... so we've got plenty of breathing room
(WHEW!!!).  Danny Parrillo (mentioned below) has kindly offered us (and
the BA-LUG if they want) a free booth.  I'll coordinate with Danny and
report the more precise details as they become available.

The second item is what you can see below: it's a meeting on Feb. 12 of
the Polk Street Small Business Group, which might be of interest to some
of you.  I plan to attend with an eye towards promoting Linux and Open
Source solutions as a means to solve the problems seen by small
business.  If anybody else wants to attend just follow the link below.

                                 evite
     You are invited to Polk Small Business Group: Meeting with the
   SBA.gov by Daniel Parrillo & Gary Marshall with the Small Business
                            Administration.

                          Polk Small Business
                        Group: Meeting with the
                                SBA.gov

                          Come meet the Small
                        Business Administration
                         and Gary Marshall - at
                         this FREE educational
                         seminar I'm hosting at
                        Space Gallery on Feb 12.
                        Hope you will entertain
                           attending. Danny!

                         VIEW EVITE INVITATION

         Invite More Friends by adding them to the guest list.

    Add info at evite.com to your address book to ensure that you receive
                future Evite Invitations in your Inbox.

Don't want to receive Evite emails from this person?  Update your email
                              preferences.

Replies to this email will go directly to the sender, not to Evite. Your
             email address will be displayed in your reply.

Having trouble opening this Evite Invitation?  Try pasting this URL into
                             your browser:
    http://www.evite.com/r?iid=XYPOWCXRGDIHOJQXXLKS&li=iq&src=email

   Evite respects your privacy. To see how we treat your information,
                   please review our Privacy Policy.