[sf-lug] memtest

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 23:00:44 PST 2008

On Feb 2, 2008 10:54 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting Kristian Erik Hermansen (kristian.hermansen at gmail.com):
>
> > You may want to look at `memtester', which allows to test your memory
> > within Linux, but this one won't be able to test your whole RAM.
> >
> > It can output a list of bad RAM regions usable by the BadRAM kernel
> > patch, so that you can still use you old RAM with one or two bad bits.
>
> I personally regard both of those as neat tricks, but nothing I'd rely
> on.

Hey, I didn't write that Rick!  :-P  Btw, Joe Gallo is a riot, and
also my old sf roommate.  We went to school together.  Some of you may
have met him at SVLUG a few months ago or at an event here or there in
the city.  Since he is so busy with his startup at blinkx.com, he
needs to get his checkups to go...while in full stride, sprinting back
and forth between work and home ... while he steals free wifi and
codes circles around google competitors...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."