[sf-lug] memory integrity checking / excluding bad memory

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 14:54:30 PST 2008

Several months ago on a Monday night at the JavaCat, Asheesh and
Kristian were trying to install onto a laptop that turned out to have
bad memory; the problem was eventually discovered by checking the
integrity of the computer's RAM but if I wrote down the command used,
it's been lost.
Can someone let me know, please, what that command is? I've tried to
google "memory integrity check" but come up with nothing relevant.
Also, please, what's the command to exclude the memory that is
discovered to be bad?
Thanks,
alex

a_kleider at yahoo.com