[sf-lug] phpmyadmin error with mysql

Clyde Jones clyde.jones at clydec.net
Fri Feb 1 10:58:34 PST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 11:42 PM,  <sf-lug-request at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:36:05 -0800
> From: David Sterry <david at sterryit.com>
> Subject: [sf-lug] phpmyadmin error with mysql
> To: Linux userGroup <sf-lug at linuxmafia.com>
> I have a question and have a hard time finding an answer through normal
> channels. I'm running Centos and use phpmyadmin to manage my databases.
> Unfortunately every once in a while from months to weeks, phpmyadmin
> cannot connect to mysql. The error I get is:
>   phpMyAdmin - Error
> #2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket
> is not correctly configured)
> in the past, I've restarted the mysql server and it's "fixed" the
> problem but I'm not sure how to figure out what's the root cause. Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Dave Sterry

 Sorry for the late reply -
When this happens check to make sure that you don't have another mysql
process around somewhere.  Quite often when I see weird behavior on
mysql or other programs, some process is duplicated.  If you have a
start up script or a logrotate script that may cause some troubles.

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With
our thoughts, we make the world.