[sf-lug] [ifsa] Fwd: [EFF volunteer] HELP?! Pioneer researchers needed asap!

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:52:13 PST 2008

hi,

The EFF is looking to honor pioneers in electronic freedom, and they have
only until midnight tonight to get some more nominations.  Most of the big
names have already been awared in the past, such as Jimbo Wales, Linus
Torvalds, Richard Stallman, etc.

http://w2.eff.org/awards/pioneer/

The first person who lept to my mind is Mitchell Baker (sp?) the Chief
Lizard Wrangler for Mozilla.

Other nominations are Christine Strobl, the Munich Councilwoman who started
the migration to FOSS.  She could be named along with Christian Ude, the
Oberbuergermeister (Mayor) of Munich, who stuck his neck out and stood
behind Christine Strobl.

Also, I note that Brian Behlendorf is not yet on that list.

Also, Luis Millan Vazquez de Miguel, who is the Minister of Science,
Education, and Technology for the Region of Extremadura, Spain, was really
really influential in getting FOSS rolling in his native State (Region) of
Extremadura.

Also, Wayne Bailey of South Africa for doing localization there of
OpenOffice.org into Zulu.

http://list.gcis.gov.za/pipermail/oss/2004-August/000283.html

Also, Ian Lynch of INGOTs for starting an international grading system for
OpenOffice.org

http://www.linux.com/articles/41876

Please make some nominations and send them to Julie!