[sf-lug] Black hats declare war on Scientology

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:17:51 PST 2008

I think it is pretty clear who Anonymous is (if that even makes any sense?),
so I seriously doubt that FOSS will get the blame for Anonymous' actions.
There are plenty of closed source tools that do the same.  In this
situation, I'm pretty sure they will be looking at the group not the tools.
But at the same time, the authorities (much like myself) are probably
sitting back laughing at what's about to happen.  They really don't care and
Anonymous is actually doing the world a favor.  I'm all for it.

2008/1/25 Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com>:

> On Jan 25, 2008 3:07 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>
> > Quoting Kristian Erik Hermansen (kristian.hermansen at gmail.com):
> >
> > > Didn't that argument work in court?  And additionally, I bet you have
> > > been following the new German and UK legislation banning hacker tools.
> > >  You see?  It proves misunderstanding...
> >
> > There's indeed a reason why, e.g., the author of nmap uses a (good,
> > respected) pseudonym for his publishing of that tool:  There are two
> > many idiots in legislatures who fail to realise that, as Asimov wrote, a
> > good blaster fires both ways.
>

> This was my point in posting this thread about Anonymous' attack on
> Scientology.  The open Internet is our area, and so we, the members of this
> list, are among the people who are going to be responsible for
> distinguishing our efforts from the negative aspects of Anon's actions.

Ernest de Leon
http://www.smbtechadvice.com

voiced by Benjamin Franklin

http://www.prezronpaul.com