[sf-lug] 2 routers bricked from attempted dd-wrt install

Nathan Hoover nathan at foo-o-rama.com
Thu Jan 24 22:00:59 PST 2008

Hi Jim,

I'm not sure if it will work for the Linksys or Buffalo, but I have had
success resurrecting my Asus with this firmware:

http://wl500g.dyndns.org/wl500g-clear-nvram.trx

I used the firmware flash utility that came with the router to flash that,
and then flash a new firmware. You might also check out these instructions
for the Buffalo:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation#Flashing_Other_Buffalo_Devices

For the Linksys, I think shorting the pins might be the only way to go.

Feel free to email me off list or on if there is anything else I can do to
help; you can also IM me if you like (twisty7867 on both AIM and Yahoo).

Regards,
Nathan