[sf-lug] 2 routers bricked from attempted dd-wrt install

Jim Cortez jim at jimcortez.com
Thu Jan 24 21:27:37 PST 2008

Hello everyone,
    I have had the extreme misfortune of going through 2 failed dd-wrt
installations on 2 different router in 1 week. From what I understand, I
may have to crack open the cases and fool with certain pins. I would
like to know if anyone has had experience/expertise "unbricking" routers
and has the inclination to help. I am willing to wait until the next
meeting, but would love help earlier if possible. My two routers are:
Linksys wrt54g v8
Buffalo whr-g54s

Thank you very much!
Jim