[sf-lug] John the Ripper

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:15:09 PST 2008

hi

On Jan 24, 2008 7:02 PM, Kristian Erik Hermansen <
kristian.hermansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> $ sudo aptitude install john
>
> Also check out cracklib2...

What about Synaptic?  IMHO, Alex is still sort of a simple end user, albeit
one with great determination, and so maybe we should look at having him try
to install with Synaptic or Aptitude, rather than the CLI?

Also, I am not sure that Alex has the requisite repository installed.  Did
you check out which repo this package is in, Alex?  Is that even an issue?
I am still coming from the world of openSUSE, which has lots of different
repositories (maybe too many).  Maybe that does not apply to Gutsy.