[sf-lug] newbie question

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:44:01 PST 2008

hi,

I received this email from one of the former Windows users to whom I have
introduced GNU Linux.  She is using PClinuxOS 2007 (pclos for short).  I was
not able to reproduce her problem, and so I was wondering if any of you
might be able to reproduce it and diagnose it?

She has a box with 256 MB of RAM on a 1.2 Ghz chip in an HP box that is
about 4 years old.  We got that box from James Burgett of ACCRC.org.

BTW, I am trying to get her to join this list, which is why I am posting for
her.  I am hoping that she will see the effectiveness of Free (as in freedom
and free as in beer) tech support.  Thanks to all of you in advance.

Hey Christian,

Do some websites cause KHTML to freeze?  I have a
dickens of a time on http://pnn.com. Doesn't want me
adding text or pasting text.