[sf-lug] Build-a-box day February 16--need help

jim stockford jim at well.com
Fri Jan 11 18:07:24 PST 2008

    There's an effort on to coordinate a day-long event
of building Ubuntu machines in Berkeley and Marin
county and San Mateo and San Francisco, this in
conjunction with the Alameda County Computer
Resource Center and the Untangle company and
various LUGs, hopefully including our bunch.

    We need a place in San Francisco to which a
truck can come and deliver machines, and in which
there is electricity and places to set up machines
to install Ubuntu; there'll be a need to take the
occasional machine apart to fix or cannibalize.
Internet access would be very helpful.
    Anybody know of a place we can use for the day
of Saturday, February 16? Please respond.

    Also, is anyone willing to put in a little time over
at the ACCRC Berkeley digs to prepare machines
for this event? I'm willing to give rides. I'll bet we
could talk somebody into buying pizza.