[sf-lug] anti-ooxml petition picking up steam

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Jan 10 16:01:42 PST 2008

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, Christian Einfeldt wrote:

> In case you have not signed the petition opposing OOXML as an ISO
> standard, or haven't seen the vote count recently, you can see both
> here:
>
> http://www.noooxml.org/petition

Howdy Christian, good to hear from you.  In general, I find the
terminology of Open Document Format vs. OOXML confusing, especially as OO
is part of the name of OOo (OpenOffice.org).

Can you maybe refer to "OOXML" as "MS OOXML" in the future?  I'm a fairly
geeky fellow, and this always surprises me every time I read it; surely
there are others who are also confused.

While I don't use Digg, I'm glad there are people like you working to
raise awareness of this proprietary format and the danger that it could
rubber-stamped by a standards body.

-- Asheesh.

--
Maybe Computer Science should be in the College of Theology.
 		-- R. S. Barton