[sf-lug] "...Microsoft's friendlier attitude toward open-source software."

RBV GoodWriter2548 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 9 10:25:59 PST 2008

Howdy:

I'm certainly no expert, but this Computerworld headline surprised me:

"OLPC developing dual-boot Windows, Linux OS for laptops"

Here's an excerpt:

Microsoft has embraced the open-source community over the past few years in
a very different way than before, Negroponte said. "And that really helps,
because it's become a little bit less religious than it was a few years ago
and that's really good. In the end, I think, the more people that have
software and hardware out there, the better."

The rest of the article can be found here (lengthy URL):

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9056399&source=rss_news50

As for me, I must confess I find this news somewhat depressing...

Cheers & enjoy,
Riley
SFO