[sf-lug] XO delays

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Jan 3 21:11:46 PST 2008

Alex Kleider wrote:
> ,
>
>> Like me I think you ordered on the phone. It looks like they screwed
>> up
>> the phone orders big time. My credit card info was all wrong. After
>> complaining on the OLPC forum (a great resource -
>> http://olpc.osuosl.org) I got two "laptop.org" people to track it
>> down
>> for me. They called me and my card got billed finally. No idea when
>> I'll
>> get it though. Considering I have  B4 test machine, I'm in no hurry,
>> but
>> this is indeed a B2B supply chain having B2C trouble.
>>
> Sameer,
> I ordered on line on Nov 12 and although the transaction has gone
> through and appears on my credit card statement, I've heard nothing.
> Do you have advice as to what I should do?

Alex,
My suggestion would be to post on the forum. My specific thread is at
http://olpc.osuosl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?lmsg_start=0&t=1194

The other thing you can do is write to service at laptopgiving.org and wait
a day or two. Make sure you provide them with your conf #

> I've asked Kristian for the number he called to sort this out but you
> make the distinction between on line and phone purchase.
> alex

The number is the one you would get in your confirmation e-mail.
1-877-70-LAPTOP (1-877-705-2786)

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.