[sf-lug] New to this list; Gmane.org, anyone?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Dec 29 18:00:27 PST 2007

> I was referring to the lack of a mechanism to maintain threading of the
> archive, but the above is also a limitation. It would be nice  if
> hosts.allow could do DNS resolution, so that users of DDNS could be
> added, too.

Oh, tcp-wrappers hosts.allow syntax certainly can include DNS hostnames.
I haven't received any such requests, but would consider them if they
were reasonable.  Call me a pessimist if you wish, but I expected that
inviting those explicitly would result in people saying "Oh, in that
case, please add comcast.net", and such, leaving me to explain over and
over why not.

However, only three people have ever expressed interest in NNTP access,
so this isn't really much of an issue either way.

> What he has are the copies of the messages in his inbox (or whatever
> box he put them in). If you can insert those into sf-lug.mbox, great!

Jim, _full_ headers included, if you please.