[sf-lug] New to this list; Gmane.org, anyone?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 20:29:06 PST 2007

hi Daniel,

On Dec 24, 2007 4:14 PM, Daniel Gimpelevich <
daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> 'lo. I just finally subscribed to this list,

That's actually kind of amazing.  Here I thought you were on this list for a
while.  So it is actually kind of strange for *me* to be welcoming a wizard
like Daniel to any FOSS group, but here I guess I am a "long-timer"
relatively speaking, so I wish you a most hearty welcome here, Daniel!

> I hope to see some of you at the Javacat sometime...

 Yeah, actually it is also kind of odd that you haven't been to the Javacat
meetings, either.  Not odd in the sense of why haven't you come, but odd in
the sense that you are so active in so many different FOSS groups, and yet I
don't recall seeing you there yet.  I do think that you will really like the
Javacat meetings, Daniel, because they are very friendly and very informal.
That is actually a good summary for this SF-LUG group.  It is very informal,
and yet the members seem to get a lot done, and all of it very low key.
It's a really nice group!  And sometimes Rick Moen drives up from the
peninsula, which is always nice to see.

So once again, welcome!