[sf-lug] flash 9 on Gutsy ubuntu 32 bit

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 14:13:14 PST 2007

hi

On Dec 23, 2007 1:27 AM, Kristian Erik Hermansen <
kristian.hermansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2007 7:18 PM, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Download done.
> > md5sum mismatch install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz
> > The Flash plugin is NOT installed.
> > Thanks anyway, Kristian.  Have you actually gotten Flash 9 to install
> that
> > way on Ubuntu?
>
> It appears that either your download is corrupted, or your
> repositories are munged, or you have bad RAM :-)  Yes, this has always
> worked for me on Ubuntu.  There is something strange about your
> installation...

The odd thing is that this problem exists on two separate boxes.  The only
commonality between those two boxes is that they both have two processors
and they both are running AMD.

If you have gotten Flash working with that solution, it might be really
interesting and helpful for you to post your results here on this thread.
It is the only thread on the ubuntu forum that comes up for me with a google
search or a search on the forum for Flash 9 and Gutsy.  This Flash 9 problem
seems to be the most tenacious and widespread problem plaguing Ubuntu Gutsy
users, and so it would be good to kick this problem in the ass once and for
all.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4000022&posted=1#post4000022