[sf-lug] HP C3600S computer

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Dec 23 02:43:08 PST 2007

Quoting Alex Kleider (a_kleider at yahoo.com):

> I have, but have no use for, an HP computer;
> It's graphics card is NOT supported by Linux so unless someone had
> access to HP's version of Unix, you'd only be able to use it as a
> command line machine.

Whoa, those look to be _seriously_ exotic machines:  a PA-RISC PA8600 CPU,
and indeed designed to run HP-UX (non-affectionately known in the trade
as either "Hockey Pucks" or "HP Sucks").

http://hwdb.parisc-linux.org/view.php?type=machine&name=C3600

I suspect you're right that the HP Visualize Fxe PCI card simply isn't
supported for X11 in anything but the X11 software in HP-UX.  However,
one _could_ see what happens with a different, less-exotic PCI video
card.  Or one could just stick with Hockey Pucks.