[sf-lug] Ubuntu 7.10 Video Problem

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Dec 21 11:52:46 PST 2007

Quoting Ted Nebus (x351912 at gmail.com):

> I am up and running!

Congratulations.

> I have not worked on the hard drive problem yet

Condolulations.

> Then my next big project is writing a db in kexi.  Anyone use kexi?

I haven't -- but I do maintain some catalogues of various types of
database software available in Linux.  Kexi is covered in my listing of
_casual_ databases and front-ends to graphical databases:

"Databases, Casual" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Apps/

Please note that, for good or bad, Kexi _is_ a front-end.  Thus the
database you create (for good or bad) will not actually be in Kexi, but
rather will be in MySQL, or PostgreSQL, or something similar.  If you
prefer using, by contrast, a standalone casual database, you might look
at some of the other entries in my catalogue.

(Please don't take as absolute truth any of the claims in my catalogue,
especially about limitation, because I have no doubt it needs updating,
particularly given that this app category was poorly developed on Linux
when I wrote the file, and it's probably progressed since then.)