[sf-lug] limit/throttle bandwidth of current outbound SCP connection?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:05:48 PST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 10:38 AM, Mark K. Zanfardino
<mark at zanfardinoconsulting.com> wrote:
> What about installing and using trickle?  I find it works quite well.
> You pass to trickle the upload and download limits you'd like to enforce
> and the action, such as scp.

Although it appears to work, it seems to be quite a performance hit as
a user-space daemon when I tried it (needed to kill trickled).  tc
worked well for me an even allowed me to choose among a number of
queueing strategies including, the one the I picked, token bucket
filter...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."