[sf-lug] sign up sheet for stuff to bring to the Dec 15 St. Anthony's event

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 19:43:15 PST 2007

hi,

John Strazzarino had the really good idea of creating a sign up sheet for
stuff to bring to the

http://digitaltippingpoint.com/wiki/index.php?title=St_Anthony_Support_Project#sign_up_to_bring_stuff

here is the tiny URL for that same link:

http://tinyurl.com/286n4a

Please note that I am asking people to register to edit this wiki page, as
the DTP has been getting spammed and vandalized a lot recently on pages that
we leave completely open.  My apologies if this is bothersome.  If anyone is
sufficiently bothered by it that they won't use it with registration, please
let me know, and I will take off the registration.  Thanks.  Here is the
list of stuff that we will need to bring.

   1. 9 monitors, must be CRT please, as the boxes we are using will have
   issues with CRT monitors I think.
   2. 9 mice, preferably PS2 optical mice (no USB mice, please);
   3. 9 PS2 keyboards (no USB keyboards, please);
   4. at least 5 four-port switches (one to split the room, the others to
   feed the individual boxes);
   5. at least 6 six-jack surge protectors;
   6. at least 18 AC power cables (9 boxes and monitors)
   7. at least 9 ethernet cables, preferably at least 20 feet each, plus
   one or two ethernet cables reaching, say, 50 feet (we are going to have to
   run an ethernet cable from the wall jack in a different room, because this
   room has no ethernet outlet);
   8. a spindle of say 25 CDs for on-the-spot burning of CDs.
   9. 3 torchier lamps. It is pretty important to have lamps that will
   direct light upt to the ceiling, as we will be shooting video, and we don't
   want to blind the camera by having the light source at eye level.
   10. Please feel free to bring your own desktop or notebook set-up,
   especially if you have an OLPC X0.
   11. Also, everyone might want to consider bringing their own
   screwdrivers and pliers and whatever other diagnostic / building tools you
   think you will need for building boxes.

Thanks again.

--
Christian Einfeldt,