[sf-lug] no term

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 21:48:56 PST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 9:42 PM, Kristian Erik Hermansen <
kristian.hermansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just wanted to comment that I think it is funny that Xorg
> configuration may be considered more difficult than brain surgery.

yeah, heh, that's funny.

Well, no, it's not more difficult; in fact, Alex is going to have to take
far fewer "instructions" from LUGers to edit his config files than to do
simply neurosurgery on lab rats, but still, it is nice to have someone by
your side the first couple of times to avoid traps for the unwary and to
learn basic vocabulary and good practices the easy and fast way.  Plus, with
in-person learning, you get multiple sensory mnemonics, such as the feel of
the keyboard, the sound of the person's voice, etc.  IMHO, all those things
add up to help me (at least) learn computer stuff.