[sf-lug] no term

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 20:58:01 PST 2007

This is a known bug that has to do with the nvidia driver.  I'm assuming you
have an nvidia card?  Use the restricted modules manager to enable the
restricted nvidia driver.  Reboot.  If that doesn't immediately fix it, then
add the following to the 'Screen' section of your xorg.conf

Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true"
Ernest

On Dec 4, 2007 8:19 PM, Kristian Erik Hermansen <
kristian.hermansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007 8:11 PM, Alex Kleider <a_kleider at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I've installed ubuntu7.10 onto a desk top and everything is working as
> > it should EXCEPT:
> > when I try to launch the terminal from the desk top, I just get a white
> > window with no content and no response to anything I do to the key
> > board or mouse until I move out of the white area. I can close the
> > window by clicking on its representation on the bottom tool bar but no
> > other way.
>
> Perhaps your video card is not supporting compiz fusion very well?
> System -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Visual Effects -> None
> --
> Kristian Erik Hermansen
> "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."

Join the Ron Paul Revolution
http://www.prezronpaul.com
Ron Paul for President