[sf-lug] vmware/synaptic/Ubuntu7.04

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Nov 30 17:46:35 PST 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Alex Kleider wrote:

> Riley, thanks for the heads up; I have been on the verge of trying out
> VMWare but will now wait this one out.

I prefer to use Qemu, which is Free Software and typically better
supported.  You can use the "kqemu" module (also Free Software) to
accelerate Qemu, and if you have the Intel VT extensions or other simlar
hardware virtualization acceleration from AMD, you can use "kvm" to use
that hardware acceleration.

-- Asheesh.

--
Freedom is nothing else but the chance to do better.
 		-- Camus