[sf-lug] Sun solaris differences...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 26 20:40:22 PST 2007

Quoting from a small time-warp "Peters, Ola (MSCIBARRA)" wrote:

> I have a potential opportunity...but I need a quick refresher on Sun
> Solaris 9.  And what are the differences between 8, 9 and 10??
> Anyone out there that could help me??

A) The Sun Marketing materials probably give the "glossy" (rough) idea
   of what's new/"better"/shiny
B) Check the release notes for each version - they generally have pretty
   good coverage of what's new and different
C) Check the upgrade instructions - they also often cover key differences
D) Check other more Solaris-specific resources (e.g. lists, groups, Usenet,
   materials on Sun's sites, etc.)

> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does

Hmmmm, wouldn't destroying the sender be a bit rash? ;-) ... and then how
would one notify the destroyed sender?