[sf-lug] Need help "spelunking" VMware install/uninstall problem on Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty)...

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 13:31:03 PST 2007

At this point the only thing that I can recommend has to do with the
any script you run to get VMWare to build modules for the kernel.  The
uninstall script would know about everything it installed except for
these custom modules.  You should probably look at that script in an
editor and see where it puts the modules.  Chances are that the script
places them somewhere that the regular uninstall script doesn't scan,
but perhaps the synaptic install script does.  Those modules would be
the only 'custom' thing that is installed outside of the standard
installation script.  In addition, since the install via the 'any'
script is not supported by vmware much less ubuntu, I wouldn't know if
this qualifies as an Ubuntu bug.

Ernest

Join the Ron Paul Revolution
http://www.prezronpaul.com