[sf-lug] Volunteer InstallFest (Dec 15th)

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Fri Nov 23 21:21:08 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 14:00 -0800, Christian Einfeldt wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2007 9:26 AM, Tom Haddon <tom at greenleaftech.net> wrote:
>
>         We're looking for about 4-5 people to help out.
>
> I have committed to be there, but I am a relative simple end user.  I
> have installed probably 70 copies or so of GNU Linux on various
> different boxes, but my theoretical skill base is still lacking, and
> there are also glaring holes in my practical experience.
>

>         I won't actually be available on the day, unfortunately, so if
>         any is
>         able to step up and help out with some of the organising
>
> I am wondering if we could get some kind of public calendar going and
> post it to the SF-LUG site?  I am thinking of a google calendar, for
> example.  Users would need to get an @sf-lug email account to be able
> to post to the calendar.  IMHO, that might help us organize things a
> bit better.

I like the sound of that, although I know that Jason recently installed
a calendering software on the Hayes Valley domain, and it might be nice
from a ownership of data perspective (assuming the feature set is
comparable) to run the calendar on the SF-LUG box.

>         (burning CDs,
>         etc.) that would be great. Or, I can burn CDs and someone can
>         pick them
>         up from me.
>
> Have we settled on a distro or distros?  Or is it going to be the case
> that everyone just brings their own favorite distro?

I figure this is down to those involved on the day.