[sf-lug] Volunteer InstallFest (Dec 15th)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 20 11:33:40 PST 2007

Quoting ron (rondosxx at yahoo.com):

> Could someone translate this into common language? I
> don't speak this dialect.

Either convince Tom not to post in UTF-8, or switch mail readers to one
that supports that character set (or supports Unicode more generally).
But see below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8

I'm not a Yahoo Mail user.  You may be able to get relevant pointers
from people who are.  That having been said, I vaguely recall that Yahoo
Mail is some sort of webmail system, right?  You might be able to
correct the display by (using Firefox as an example) visiting View menu,
Character Encoding, and picking "Unicode (UTF-8)".