[sf-lug] new computer

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 19:20:44 PST 2007

hi Alex,

On Nov 12, 2007 8:39 PM, Alex Kleider <a_kleider at yahoo.com> wrote:

>        Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz LGA 775 Processor Model
> BX80557E6850

My friend Holden and I were just discussing this thread, and he suggested
that you might want to consider an AMD chip.  He says that you will get more
bang for your buck; that AMD is supporting the OLPC XO; and that it is good
to support competition to Intel.  He says that if Intel kills AMD, we will
be hating life, since the cost of processors will go through the roof.

It would be interesting to hear what some of the other experts on this list
think of the AMD versus Intel debate.

see ya.