[sf-lug] new computer

bobbie sellers bliss at california.com
Tue Nov 13 09:43:57 PST 2007

Alex Kleider wrote:
> I'm seriously considering building myself a "hefty" linux box.
> I'd appreciate any comments anyone might have as to possibility of
> incompatibilities with Linux (i.e. any unsupported hardware) or
> regarding anything else.
> Here's what I'm looking at:
>

>         SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S203B - OEM

	Only comment I have is that get some references for the Linux
compatibility with the Samsung.  Recently I searched for Linux DVD
writer compatibility and the only thing I found was HP was generally
well supported and worked fine.  That is why I went out and got a
discontinued model of HP DVD Writer at Circuit City.

	Snip of a very nice list AFAIK.

    later
    bliss -- C  O C O A  Powered... (at california dot com)

--
 bobbie sellers - (Back to Angband) Team *AMIGA & SF-LUG*

        Your tag lines (k) were stolen! (more)
            There is a puff of smoke!