[sf-lug] i586 ThinkPad CD-ROM problems

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 02:11:20 PST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 2:06 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Only in the _quite_ rare case where that information happens to be in the
> DMIdecode datastream.  That is why I very carefully said "As a general rule"
> -- or were you not paying attention even after two repetitions?

Hey Rick -- we're all friends here :-)  I do believe you are correct...

> None of that data _as a general rule_ will include make/model
> information.
>
> Capice?

You may be right, but I have found that more often than not, which is
actually more general than you would have other believe, the
information is actually there.  So, take it or leave it at that.  Make
lshw another useful tool in your back pocket...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen