[sf-lug] i586 ThinkPad CD-ROM problems

Jason Turner jturner at nonzerosums.org
Tue Nov 13 01:26:27 PST 2007

Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2007 12:28 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>> I realise there's something about computerists that makes them wildly
>> devoted to finding and talking about edge cases, but was my phrase
>> "As a general rule" actually unclear?
I was thinking the same...
> Interesting RIck, because I still believe lshw can tell you the
> make/model :-)  No bashing intended.  Just the facts dude...
> root at khermansen-laptop:~# lshw | head
> [...]
Well, b[wl]ow me down... it works on my home "server" too.
jturner at karate:~$ sudo lshw | head
    product: 26454EU
    vendor: IBM
    version: Not Available
    serial: 78DKVH4
    width: 32 bits
    capabilities: smbios-2.2 dmi-2.2
    configuration: boot=normal chassis=notebook

Turns out, I had made a note to myself about this before.  Thanks for
the reminder, Kristian.