[sf-lug] i586 ThinkPad CD-ROM problems

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:01:42 PST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 12:28 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> I realise there's something about computerists that makes them wildly
> devoted to finding and talking about edge cases, but was my phrase
> "As a general rule" actually unclear?
> > the 'lshw' utility can give a fair amount of details...
> _Not_ including the machine's make/model.  Which is what I said.

Interesting RIck, because I still believe lshw can tell you the
make/model :-)  No bashing intended.  Just the facts dude...

root at khermansen-laptop:~# lshw | head
    product: HP Compaq 8510w
    vendor: Hewlett-Packard
    version: F.02
    serial: CNU7331THY
    width: 32 bits
    capabilities: smbios-2.4 dmi-2.4
    configuration: boot=normal chassis=notebook

Product Link:
Kristian Erik Hermansen