[sf-lug] i586 ThinkPad CD-ROM problems

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:01:42 PST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 12:28 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> I realise there's something about computerists that makes them wildly
> devoted to finding and talking about edge cases, but was my phrase
> "As a general rule" actually unclear?
>
> > the 'lshw' utility can give a fair amount of details...
>
> _Not_ including the machine's make/model.  Which is what I said.

Interesting RIck, because I still believe lshw can tell you the
make/model :-)  No bashing intended.  Just the facts dude...

root at khermansen-laptop:~# lshw | head
khermansen-laptop
    product: HP Compaq 8510w
    vendor: Hewlett-Packard
    version: F.02
    serial: CNU7331THY
    width: 32 bits
    capabilities: smbios-2.4 dmi-2.4
    configuration: boot=normal chassis=notebook
uuid=DC85EF59-3A15-E011-3A8C-6D990E38F929
  *-core

Product Link:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/321957-321957-64295-321838-3329741-3369263.html
--