[sf-lug] Newbie grateful for suggestions installs MythBuntu

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Mon Oct 29 14:39:10 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 14:30 -0700, Tomer wrote:
> As the LinuxWorld article said in one of the recent issues:
>
> --Just buy a friggin Tivo
>
> You will always end up putting more work into these things than they are
> worth.

Depends on how you define things. Working out how to get things setup
and learning a lot along the way are sometimes considered part of the
enjoyment of having a system like this that you have complete control
over. Of course, you can always buy a Tivo if you don't want the hassle
of configuring it yourself or aren't interested in learning how things
work, but if you want to configure it yourself and end up with more
control as the end result, why not?

Cheers, Tom